Litigation refers to the process of taking legal action in a court of law, and is more commonly known simply as filing a lawsuit.
Litigation – when brought against you by another party – can threaten your reputation and your business, your finances and your future.
But litigation – when brought forth by you against another party – can also be a critical part of seeking justice and recovering damages for harm suffered.
At the Erik Johnson Law Office, our skilled attorney’s have experience representing clients facing critical litigation issues, including extensive trial experience.
Litigation Cases We Handle
We have experience litigating a wide array of case types, including, but not limited to:
- Insurance disputes. When an accident or injury occurs, individuals turn to their insurance companies – health insurance, homeowner’s insurance, car insurance, etc. – to provide them with the compensation that they deserve. Unfortunately, insurance companies are not always eager to hand over cash, and may deny valid claims or delay or reduce payment.
- Personal injury. While many personal injury actions can be resolved without filing a lawsuit, some cannot. And when an out-of-court settlement cannot be reached, litigation may be the only way of recovering the compensation that the victim of a serious injury deserves.
- Wrongful death. Losing a loved one is a tragic experience, and like personal injury actions, sometimes the best way to recover damages for your loss is through litigation. Our experienced wrongful death attorney can help you to recover financial compensation.
- Governmental tort claims. It is not just individuals who commit negligence acts leading to harm; governments, too, are often to blame for injuries. However, filing a claim against the government is a complex process, and requires following guidelines set forth by the Governmental Tort Claims Act.
- Condemnation and inverse condemnation. Being told that you have to give up your property for governmental purposes may be shocking news, and if you do not require compensation for your land as promised – and per the Oklahoma Constitution – you may be confused about what to do next. Our attorney’s have worked with both plaintiffs and defendants in condemnation actions and understands both sides of the issue.
- Property disputes. Disputes over property can get ugly, and are often not resolved without legal intervention. Our attorney can help you to understand your claim over the land in question, as well as legal and fair resolution of the dispute.
Contact Our Oklahoma Litigation Attorney’s Today
Without legal representation during a legal dispute, you may be putting your rights at risk, and reducing your chances of your action being resolved in your favor.
At the Erik Johnson Law Office, we have spent many years working with both plaintiffs and defendants in civil actions, and have the experience it takes, no matter the complexity of your case.
To meet with one of our passionate Oklahoma litigation attorney’s to discuss your case today, call us now at 580-279-1975.